Thursday, April 03, 2008

Say It Ain't So

For those 1 or 2 of you who read my blog on a regular basis, forgive my recent absences. My days have been starting off a bit more crazy lately and the blogs haven't been flowing.

However, this morning, I was greeted by one of the morning TV shows with a guy who is pregnant. Turns out he used to be a girl and now she/he is wanting to have a baby. It's all very confusing for me and the question I asked myself today is how I would deal with her/him as if I was sitting in a room visiting with her/him. It's just so very weird to me and I have no idea what I would say or if words would even come out.

Growing up, my dream was to attend the University of Texas and play basketball for the Longhorns. That didn't happen and I ended up at ACU with a good friend from Austin who took me home with him for a weekend. We went to the UT campus to see some of my high school friends and the first guy I see when I walk into the dorm has a spiked mohawk, mascara, a black dog collar with spikes, leather and chains everywhere...I just stopped with my mouth open and stared having not seen anything like that in real life.

That's sort of how I feel with this pregnant girl/guy. I'm not sure I wouldn't just sit there, mouth agape, wondering what to say or how to say it. I know exactly what the devil would have me say, the hurtful thoughts that could easily spew out of my mouth but what a struggle with is what God would have me say.

I wish I knew exactly what God would have me say and I had trouble imagining what the devil would want. Instead, I'll be thinking off-and-on about God's response for me and hopefully I won't run into any pregnant girl/guy soon.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I saw that report, too. Weird things happen when we toy with God's order.

So after you saw the guy in Austin, is that when you took that fashion to ACU?

Unknown said...

This explains why Will was telling me about some man he saw on TV that was pregant. I just dismissed him as mistaken.

Strangely enough, I have unfortunately encountered a similar scenario in my office. Once I treated him and his name was Paul. About a year later, he returned with a different dental problem and his name was Paula, and he was wearing a dress, and he was carrying a purse, and he was wearing makeup. To me, this PROBLEM greatly overshadowed his dental problem.

I treated him with kindness but I think he was greatly annoyed that I would not use the feminine pronouns "she" and "her, as he desired.

Here's the thing: no matter what kind and how much surgery he may have, he still has that Y chromosome, which makes HIM a MAN.

This pregnant woman is just that-- a woman--masquerading as man. She still has two X chromosomes, which make her a woman. SHe still apparently has a uterus--- this makes her a woman. I feel for her child-- confused doesn't even begin to describe the situation. Sad is more accurate.