Friday, April 25, 2008

Rangers Schmangers

The Rangers are killing me. It's just horrible baseball and the owner needs to make a change. I don't see any improvement from last year and, in fact, think they may be playing worse. The "player's" manager who was going to be the hero of fundamentals just isn't getting it done and I don't think I can stand to watch much more of this pathetic play without something happening to shake things up. I don't expect them to turn it around and make the playoffs but do something other than ask me to spend my money with no effort at change.
______________________________________________________________

I'm headed west this afternoon with my son to watch some baseball at my alma mater. ACU did not have baseball when I was at school and I don't know that I cared but we have gone out for a game almost every year for the past 3 or 4 years. It's a good environment to watch a game (no beer, no cussing, no streakers - I suppose) and a fun time for us. Here's hoping the rain leaves us alone.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Ironically, it was Nolan Ryan -- the Rangers' current GM -- who helped to fund the re-startup of ACU baseball.

They had a team when I began school there. They dropped it my junior year. I guess it began again in the early 90s.

Have fun!