Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Go Eagles

The Decatur Eagles baseball team pulled out a thrilling victory last night in the bottom of the 7th inning against Bridgeport. The winning team got the final playoff berth so it was great to see our guys win.
_______________________________________________________________

Wednesday nights are always the best night of the work week for me. I attend the youth class and help out occasionally speaking, driving or whatever I'm needed for. I've written about the excitement I have about our youth group and the things I see them do and it gives me a big lift every week to spend some time with them.

After church, a few of us stay and play basketball. Lately, it's been the "old" guys against the "young" guys. I'm always one of the oldest and the youngsters are typically high school kids. They are confounded why we consistently beat them even though some of us can't run or jump. And I can't help but laugh when one of them guards me close like I'm going to blow by them or jump over them.

It's always a beating for me. I come home sore and in need of Tylenol, Motrin, ice, heat, water, Gatorade...and anything else that helps revive a 40+ guy but I love it. It's always been m favorite sport and I think it always will be.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I would love to play, but I have never been able to shoot well. Love rebounding. Love passing. Can't shoot.

Melissa Taylor said...

I know it is a real joy for Mark too. He isn't in quite as bad of shape as you are when it's all through though - except that nasty sprain. He still doesn't feel 100%.