Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Back Window

As I looked out the back window for the funnel clouds I couldn't help hear the Casting Crowns song "Praise You In This Storm" rolling through my head. I also prayed for safety while realizing we need a much, much bigger closet to hide in. Had I tried to get in the space that would probably be the safest, I think my family would suffer much more pain from me being the last one in than what the storm would do. God answered my prayers and we were spared any damage. I know others were not as fortunate and I will be praying for them today.
______________________________________________________________

Our lab split again the other day. We've gotten so used to dogs not lasting around our place that it didn't cause a big stir. My wife and I both spent time out driving the streets and backroads close to us looking for her with no luck.

My wife had told one of our friends who came by the house Tuesday night and last night he calls saying a dog that matches the description of ours is across the street in the neighbors garage. Sure enough, my son and I went over and found her with some of the nicest people you would ever meet.
______________________________________________________________

I'm headed back to see the Rangers tonight. I sure hope they have better success tonight than on Tuesday. Since they were rained out last night, they will play a double-header but I'm not going to be able to make it to the first game. Phooey.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Looks like a beautiful day for the ballpark. Enjoy!

Melissa Taylor said...

Mark had some interesting stories from the Ranger game! I guess the "crack" was in full force that night, huh?