Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Focused

Our Sunday morning class is currently studying Ecclesiastes (I may have misspelled). I don't recall ever studying it but have found it fascinating. I don't understand much of it after reading it once and have to go over it several times. Last week we began reading Chapter 7 and, again, I was fascinated by what I read. The first verse says something like "a good name is better than a fine perfume and the day of death is better than the day of birth." As we studied, I kept coming back to that verse and what it meant. My focus kept going to "the day of death better than the day of birth." I think what the entire section we read was telling us that our focus has to be on heaven, not earth. The day of death on earth leads us to the first day of heaven.

I think I am becoming more heaven focused and want to keep doing that. I am growing more comfortable that the day of death will take me to a better place, a place I still can't fully imagine and know will exceed anything I can imagine.

No comments: