Monday, April 07, 2008

Opening Day

I need a blogger break so I will probably be writing seldom for the next several days.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm pulling my young son out of school early and we are headed to Arlington, Texas for Opening Day at The Ballpark. Sure, it's not really Opening Day other than at the stadium but the excitement will be the same. The Rangers are 3-3 coming off their road trip which is awesome and the amazing thing is they won with pitching. Sure, it probably won't last but that's the way it is so far and I will enjoy it. An afternoon game, a full house, the national anthem and 2 B-1 bombers doing a flyover. What a wonderful day to enjoy in America.

Tonight, I'm watching a great basketball game between Kansas and Memphis. I'm pulling for Kansas (Texas would get to play the defending national champion twice next year) but Memphis will be hard to beat. What a wonderful night in America.

Last night, we were able to watch some of our kids who had participated in LTC and share in their successes. I was proud of both my kids doing well in the events they entered and the roles they take on. I really missed LTC this year - all the kids, all the energy, all the effort, preparation and focus on God. Every day I grow more excited about what the future holds because I continue to be impressed and inspired by the young people I get to be around at church.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I hope your opening day game isn't rained out. And I hope you read this response after the game, because it is about 9 AM now, and I have heard that if you aren't near the Ballpark by 11, you will miss the 1st pitch.

Have some peanuts for me, would you?