Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Time

I'm reminded again today how quickly time flies. Tonight, my wife is headed to the high school for an orientation session for my daughter. How in the world can my little baby girl be headed to high school? Time is speeding by me and causing me to once again look at how I'm using it. Am I letting it slip through my fingers or am I using it for good purposes? Am I doing the things God wants me to be doing? Am I using my talents? As I am pulled into my mid-40's, I am beginning to think about life, but not this life. I'm thinking about the life that awaits me and what I need to be doing today to insure that I am helping other people get there - especially my little angels, one of whom starts high school next year.

Time is flying by and I am praying that God helps me use it wisely.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

The job of a parent does involve training up your children...so that they will get to Heaven. This is a scary thought that something I do (or don't do), say (or don't say) will influence my children in one of two directions! I pray that we will all spend eternity in Heaven together! I can't believe she is going into high school either. Wow...I don't want that to happen to my daughter.