Monday, February 04, 2008

Bet It Was QUIET

I'm guessing the Patriots locker room was really, really quiet last night.
My hope for a 0-0 tie didn't come to fruition.
I watched more of the game than I would have since I was at a friend's house who was watching.
I wanted the Giants to win so I didn't have to hear the Patriots were the greatest team ever yap.
I wanted the Patriots to win so I didn't have to listen to any more from Mercury Morris.
Good for Eli.
Tom (Brady) and Tony (Romo) need to quit visiting girlfriends the bye-week before a big game.
I didn't catch many commercials but didn't think any of those I saw were exceptional.
I'm ready for some baseball.

I read an article about Josh Hamilton, the Rangers new centerfielder, and his path from being one of the greatest prospects out of high school to a drug addict and back again. It's one of those good stories that you hope stays good. He says his faith is what holds him up and feels a responsibility to take his story to kids in hopes of keeping them from the same mistake. Good for him. I don't have much hope for the Rangers this year but will enjoy watching this guy play.

I'm on the road again at the end of the week. Every time I put my suitcase away, I think "it will be awhile before I need that." I need to quit thinking that. Fortunately it's just a short trip to Salado but I have to hire a new store manager for that store a will have to be there for a couple of days for interviews.

Did the Super Bowl turn out like you hoped?

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

It was a really good Super Bowl. Right down to the wire. We haven't seen a whole lot of those in Super Bowl history.

Melissa Taylor said...

It wasn't my favorite Super Bowl (XXX11), but the fourth quarter was pretty exciting. I like it when the underdog wins - especially against the Patriots. Like you, I was tired about hearing how great they were. I've had a bad taste in my mouth for them since they were caught cheating in week 1. What amazing catches by the Giants receivers during that final drive.