Monday, February 11, 2008

Thankful

We studied Psalm 100 yesterday in class and spent some time reflecting on what we are thankful for. One comment was thanksgiving that our Father continues to love us and forgive us when we fail, when we sin against Him.

I look around our church and I see a lot of people who have made mistakes in their lives - some big and some small - but mistakes that I bet many of them wish they could take back. There are people who have battled with drugs and alcohol, there are people who have battled with sexual sins, there are people who have spent time in prison, there are people who are battling ego and pride. There are a lot of battles going on and some of those people still lose the battle periodically but God is still there for them. He still cares, still loves, still forgives. How can we not be thankful for a God like that? How can we not shout for joy?

The thing I'm most thankful for is that while I see those people in our church, I look in the mirror every morning and see someone who needs God's love and forgiveness as much as anyone and I am thankful.

My God is majestic. My God is powerful. My God is loving. My God is forgiving. What more can I want? What more do I need?

I pray that people around me see God today.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

God is doing some wonderful things in our midst. I don't want to miss any of them