Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Hard to Write

It's one of those mornings when it's hard to write because I want to make a positive comment but the day started off in a fashion that has me mad at myself. The kids did not cooperate with me or each other which set me off. You know when one of your children asks for the definition of irate there's a good chance it's not a good thing. I hope we have all recovered and each of us put a positive spin on the day.
_________________________________________________________________

I watched a bit of the Roger Clemens/Brian McNamee hearing yesterday. McNamee looks like a guy trying to get out of a hole to me. Clemens looks like a guy who may not have done something wrong but is close to the edge. The legislators - well, they just looked puffed up and self-serving. What a waste of my tax dollars. The games can't be replayed. The records can't be rewritten. Punish who needs to be punished and clean it up for the future because I really wonder if the game is much cleaner today than it was 3 years ago.

The sad part for Clemens (and anyone else accused) is that if he is innocent, his name will always be linked with the scandal. That's too bad.
_________________________________________________________________

If the deal goes through, the Mavs have to win this year. I have not heard one person who thinks the trade is a good idea. I did hear it might be on the skids because of one of the spare parts in the deal. I wonder what Cuban and Donnie Nelson are thinking.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Right now, George has the deal blocked. Let's hope that makes it fall through. And I have been a Jason Kidd fan. But we don't need a 35 year old worn down point guard.

The Clemons' thing is one of the strangest deals (next to O. J.) that I have ever seen.

What does "irate" mean? I would like to hear Josh's definition this morning.

Rick Ross said...

That's Clemens.