Friday, February 15, 2008

Friction

I'm cracking up that Devean George is potentially killing the Jason Kidd trade for the Mavs. I didn't even know George was still on the team (I catch one or two games a month so I'm not completely in the know) and he certainly isn't an integral part to this or a future team yet he is holding the whole thing up.

Now, I'm not saying the trade is a good deal but how often do you see leaders trying to move forward and some seemingly insignificant piece of the whole puzzle throws a wrench in the deal? I know there have to be some really frustrated people right now all because of this one guy. On the other hand, it is his right to take care of himself and his future but it just seems so funny sitting where I am today (making MUCH less money and often paying to watch the game I love).

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I found it ironic that the night he blocked it, he went 0 for 11.

I'm kind of glad, because I don't think it would be a good trade. Jason Kidd was once one of the most exciting players in the NBA. But so was Magic Johnson:)