Sunday, July 29, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It's good to be home. After too many days away from my wife and my children we all came back together Saturday night (the kids were with grandparents and my wife was in lovely Abilene). It was a wonderful evening that caused me to think about how much I appreciate the 3 of them and how important they are in my life.
__________________________________________________________

The funny comment of the day Saturday came from my daughter. The kids had been at my parents and we met between here and there at a restaurant for lunch. The kids were sitting next to each other when my youngest spouted off something to his sister and her comment was, "Shhhh, we're with dad now."
__________________________________________________________

I remember my mom always saying how good it felt when she got a compliment on her child. I always assumed it was because they came so seldom, they overwhelmed her. Anyway, she was passing along compliments about our children from some of her friends and I was so proud of my kids. I suppose parents always wonder what in the world there children will do when they are off and about. My kids make me proud.
__________________________________________________________

It's good to be home.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

You have reason to be proud.

Kory Jones said...

CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!