Monday, July 23, 2007

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I didn't sleep well last week and I'm feeling the effects of it today. The brain isn't churning much out (yes, I know some of you think that is the norm but it's worse than usual).

I watched the playoff of the golf tournament yesterday. It came down to the last hole of a 4 hole playoff and to the last putt. I'm not a fan of watching golf on TV but it was a good ending. Plus, there wasn't a football game, baseball game or race on.

This week will generate the talk about Barry Bonds breaking Hank Aaron's home run record. I don't know how people in baseball will handle it but based on what the talk has been so far, it won't be handled well. Will the commissioner be there? Will they finally use an asterisk in the record book? I wonder what would be happening if Barry was more media and fan friendly. Would the uproar be half as loud? For me, I think it's all about the image he has projected. He may not have hit that many home runs without steroids but others were taking them and not hitting that many so he definitely has some skill. Steroids have put a black eye on the game but the game let it happen.

Go Rangers! Will they trade Tex, Sosa, Gagne, Otsuka, Lofton? Cowboys camp starts tomorrow. Those stories should be enough to drown out the home run chase a little bit. I hope.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I think if Pete Rose is banned for life for betting on the game, the steroid gang should be banned for life as well. It is cheating -- pure and simple. Out with all records of Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, etc.

The sad thing is: Barry Bonds would have gone down as one of the greatest ball players in history without ever touching steroids.