Thursday, July 05, 2007

Freedom

I watched Braveheart last week where Mel Gibson's character, William Wallace, leads a group of Scotsmen in their quest for freedom from England.

I spent the weekend hearing my son say how cool it would have been to be a part of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and talk about his desire to visit Boston and Philadelphia to see historical sites and learn more about our freedom.

I taught a class Sunday morning on freedom - the freedom we have through Christ - the freedom from sin and Satan that we have been given.

Each of these freedoms came with a price, namely the loss of life. Braveheart gave me a good feeling for a few minutes after seeing it. Our country's independence is a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime. My freedom from sin is a treasure greater than anything, a sacrifice, a gift that will last through eternity.
_______________________________________________________________

Today's the day. My lovely wife and little angel should be leaving Searcy, Arkansas soon and this afternoon we will head north/northwest. I am E-X-C-I-T-E-D, excited. It's been nice to have some time with my son at home while the girls are gone but I sure miss my girls and I am ready to see them. I've been ready to leave for Colorado but much, much more ready to see two beautiful women. It's a great day.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You all have a wonderful time in Colorado. My vacation is a month away, but I'm already looking forward to it! Be safe!