Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

I'm laboring on Labor Day - the joys of retail being all that it is. It's a nice, rainy day when there isn't much else I could do but lay on the sofa looking out at the rain, relaxing, maybe reading a book and resting. Yes, I am glad to be at work!

I am thankful for the rain and cool weather. The summer has been brutal and most of you reading this know all the ill-effects we have suffered. We continue to have problems with our well and it scares me to think the water issues that may be slowly creeping up on us. I've heard it said that we could easily face a water shortage in our children's lifetime. I'm no scientist and don't know the facts but the thought of it after waking up several mornings with no water in the tank is a scary proposition.

But today it is raining, it is cool and I will enjoy today. Many have prayed for rain and today we will feel blessed to have it.

No comments: