Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Life in LA

I'm back in Los Angeles and saw what will probably be the baseball game of the year last night. I was at the Dodgers and Padres game and it was a fantastic finish. The LA fans boo their team at the drop of a hat and cheer wildly when they do something great. It was an interesting night and one I enjoyed.

This trip I have a great view of the marina across the street from our hotel and all the boats (big boats) that are parked there. There's quite a few I would like to hop aboard and take a ride on but the police might not look at it the same way.

I walked down Venice Beach yesterday. I saw Muscle Beach and the basketball courts that have been seen in a number of movies and lots of wierd people. The guy walking on broken glass barefooted had to be the craziest. There were several homeless looking folks but they didn't beg like they do in other cities. Skimpy bikinis (I closed my eyes) and one guy in a leopard print thong and roller blades (I wish I would have had my eyes closed). I'm sure it was more subdued on a Monday than it would be on the weekend and I'm pretty sure I'm thankful for that.

I miss my wife and kids. I called home tonight and my son answered the phone and I could hear the happy voice that I wish I was with. I got to talk to my angel and remembered how sweet and loving she is to me. I'll visit with my lovely bride later and look forward to Thursday when I'm home and with them all. I miss you.

No comments: