Monday, August 28, 2006

Beautiful Rain

It's a rainy day and people are happy. That isn't the typical response to a rainy day but under current conditions in Wise County, rain is a good reason to smile, cheer up, jump for joy and dance (Dennis, don't start dancing until you are in your house). It's a beautiful sight after the paper's front page showed dried and badly cracking ground where livestock used to drink. Let it pour!


I appreciate school administrators and teachers. They have jobs that I describe as tough (being that I couldn't be in a room with that many kids for 30 minutes, much less all day) and the majority that I have met do it because they love the kids. We dealt with one such administrator today who kindly listened to us, talked to us and helped us find the best solution to an issue we had. With all the problems that public schools get beat up for, there are a lot of good people and a lot of good things that happen through the school system. I am thankful for them.


Tonight is the fantasy football draft for some guys from our church who have played for a few years. It's always a fun time and makes for an interesting football season. I truly think I could care less about professional football if it wasn't for this goofy league we have. The players are spoiled and pampered far too much for my taste but the camaraderie and trash talking among my friends makes it a fun experience.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'm with you on several counts this morning.

1. Dennis, please heed Jeff's advice.

2. Schools today often get a bum rap. And it too often comes from Christians who believe everything the religious right says.

3. The NFL doesn't have much to offer me today

If you start a golf fantasy league, I'm in.