Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Trouble with Work

The trouble with work is that there is so much of it. Some of you have asked why I haven't blogged as much of late. I used to do it first thing in the morning before starting my work day but lately the work is starting earlier and earlier and I haven't been able to write. I've tried writing in the evenings on occasion but after working with a computer most of the day, I really don't want to touch one at home. Calgon, take me away.

I had a great lunch yesterday. My UPS rep is also a preacher for a church in Rockwall. He has been encouraging the eldership there to look at joining in support of a foreign mission work. I had told him awhile back about my trip to Brazil and so yesterday we met to discuss the work Randy is doing in more detail. He's going back to the Elders to ask them to consider joining in. I ask for your prayers that they will be able to help in this incredible effort.

Today I'm having lunch with one of our Elders to discuss a new mission work we want to begin supporting. I'm excited about it and hope we can add this to our missions program.

I was telling my UPS/Preacher friend yesterday about how I used to agree that missions was one of the things we needed to be able to check off on our church to-do list but the last few years have opened my eyes. Getting to know Randy and getting to spend time in Brazil has given me a deeper love for missions and a greater appreciation for God's calling to go and teach. I'm thankful the Decatur church supports our missionary so strongly and look forward to building a stronger presence in the mission fields.

No comments: