Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Prayer Request

I ask for your prayers for my daughter this morning. She's having oral surgery and is a bit nervous. Please pray that she remains calm and that she will endure whatever pain there might be and that all goes well and as expected. Next week, she gets braces on the day before her birthday. After that, she might not open her mouth for a month.

Tonight, two children of a missionary family from Brazil are going to meet with us before church. It will be fun to see them and hear more about their future plans. I can't imagine uprooting during my final high school years and moving to a foreign country which is what they did. Now, they have graduated and are back to begin plans for some mission work of their own before entering college. I thank God for hearts that desire to take His message around the globe and in our own backyards.

I keep trying to think of something funny to put on here but it's elusive. Maybe writing in the morning is detrimental to humor of any kind for me. While I struggle to make you laugh, I hope you find something today that brings a smile, if not a loud laugh, to your face.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

I will be praying for Kory today -- that all goes well for her.

By the way, I think you are a pretty funny guy.