Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Twelve Years

Time rushes by. Twelve years ago and held a small baby in my hands and was amazed at what God creates. Twelve years ago I had a baby curl her small fingers around mine and she's had me in her grip ever since. Twelve years have gone by and that baby who could almost fit in one hand is nearly as tall as her mother, has braces with school colors and brings sunshine into my life each day. Twelve years has taught me a lot about life but a great deal about God. Through the blessing of my children, I feel I have come to know God better and how he feels towards me.

My daughter is a blessing in so many ways. She brings joy in how she handles herself with smaller children and she brings humor with her ways on the telephone. She is in the stage of going from child to young adult with all the humor and pain that comes with it. She is still a child and yet she is quickly becoming a mature, beautiful young lady.

Today, I thank God for sending me an angel. She is a gift, a blessing and a joy.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Kory is such a sweet young lady. What a blessing! But she has also received a blessing by having parents like you and Kelly.

Happy Birthday, Kory!