Friday, August 25, 2006

Working for the Weekend

If you are from my generation, the title might invoke the memory of a song that used to play on the radio. I don't know why it popped into my head this morning but it did and now it won't go away.

Tomorrow will be a fun day for my son and me. We're going to the Rangers picnic where he will be able to get autographs from some of the current and past Rangers, tour the dugout and pressbox and do some other cool stuff. I'm hoping it will be as fun as it sounds. Any chance of a cold front blowing through?

My daughter has been working to run a mile in a set amount of time for her athletics class at school. She tested earlier this week and while she didn't make the time mark she wanted, she did shave off nearly 4 minutes in a week's worth of practicing. How incredible is that? I'm so proud of her effort and hope it will remain a memory with her that if she sets her goals high, she can achieve some great things. You go girl!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

That's great! I know Kory can do it. Who knows, if she gets to where she can run in the low 4s, she might be well on her way to the pinnacle of athleticism -- a NASCAR driver. I can see it now.