Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Powerful Prayer

Last weekend, I participated in one of the best things I've ever done. Our Youth Minister set up a 24 hour Prayer Walk to pray for children going back to school. We signed up for 30 minute sessions and went to a room in our church building where 10 stations were set up. Each station had a specific thought to pray for, a scripture or piece of information to consider and a list of names of our youth to pray for specifically. When I got there, I didn't know if I could pray for 30 minutes, not knowing how it would work at the time. Once I got there and started, it was hard to finish in 30 minutes. I went once with my wife and enjoyed it so much that I signed up for the midnight shift. I took my son with me and he thought it was great. We took turns reading scriptures and praying at each station. What a blessing to share that time with him. He liked it so well that we ended up signing up again for the 7:30am shift to close out the 24 hours. Each time, I ran over a little and found myself tearing up thinking about the love being shown for these kids. So many of our church participated, both young and old, because of love.

I was blessed to spend the time in prayer and I trust our kids will be blessed because so many joined in to pray for them.

No comments: