Thursday, March 16, 2006

What A Difference A Day Makes

Last Thursday, I couldn't see very well without glasses. I have worn glasses since I was 15 years old. Friday afternoon, no glasses and I can see everything sharp and clear. Days later, I continue to be amazed at what surgery has done. It is fascinating knowing I am seeing things with just my eyes that for years I haven't been able to see. It's funny each time I reach up to push my glasses up only to hit my nose because they are no longer there. It's just amazing.

We spent a few days in Austin, ate some good Mexican food, saw a great baseball game and did some shopping. It was nice to get away for even a short time and makes me look forward to our annual trip to Fun Valley where I can truly relax. Austin is always an interesting place and this trip was no exception. We went to the Bob Bullock Museum which is an incredible place though it does get hard to keep up your enthusiasm after the 2nd floor. And if you go, be sure to find an Amy's Ice Cream. The people working there are a little different but the ice cream is really good.

It's good to be away but it's also good to be home. Last night, after the unpacking, I got to spend some time sitting on the sofa watching a little TV with my wife and enjoyed the comfort and peace of being home.

No comments: