Monday, March 20, 2006

One of Those Days

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't feel good but couldn't pinpoint what was wrong. I just felt bad all over so I stayed home. I missed being at church. I missed seeing people I look forward to seeing all week. I missed a time of study that makes me think all week. I missed a time of worship where I am encouaraged and can refocus. I miss that when I am not there.

My kids are preparing for LTC (Leadership Training for Christ). It's an exciting time because while they have plenty of activities to occupy their minds, the focus is still on God and His will. It's amazing to hear them answer questions about the book of Ruth, to hear them talk about the meaning behind a puppet story, to see them volunteering to do things that will equip them to one day carry the message of God to others. What a blessing this time is. I remember having a feeling of dread before they were old enough to participate because I had heard the stories about the crowded hotel, the crowds of people and on and on. Now that I've been able to go, to see thousands of youth and adults gathering to celebrate and share in the purpose of preparing our children, it is an awesome experience. Now, I look forward to being crammed into a stairwell with kids trying to get to their Chorus event, finding their Bible reading or song-leading room, filing in and out of the puppet room. I look forward to it because the purpose is for something that will be the most important thing they will experience in their lives...growing in knowledge of God's will and acting on Christ's request to go and teach. I will again thank God for the blessing of that weekend.

No comments: