Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Blogging Life

It's funny how you start one of these things just for kicks, not expecting it to last long or have anyone read it and then reach a point where someone asks "why haven't you blogged today/yesterday/lately?" OK, it's only funny to me so in my own introverted way want to say, thanks for the laughs.

Now that I've quit amusing myself, I'm reading a book called The Cell by Stephen King. I've never read his books before but wanted something different and something that would let my brain rest. I'll try not to give it away but the premise is based on cell phones being used to transmit an electronic wave that makes people do bad stuff. Science-fiction, right? I wonder, with all of our technological advances, how open we are for that technology to come back and bite us. We see it more and more from terrorists using it to send messages around the world to identity theft and on and on. It's amazing but also a little scary to think about what can be done with technology.

Now that I've brought you down and made you look at your computer like you were looking at a mass murderer, I'll change directions. In the midst of whatever problems we face in this world, I know I have a family around me that is confident that we face a better life in the future. We are walking towards a life of beauty, of peace, of joy. There will be no stress because Jesus has taken our burdens. There will be no debt because He has already paid on our account. There will be no hatred because love will rule. My family lifts me up. My family reminds me of what awaits me. My family shares my hope. There are good things happening in Decatur, Texas that are leading to great things that will happen in Heaven. I thank God for His blessings.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff, you encourage me with your words about the strength of a faith community. We certainly are blessed!