Monday, March 13, 2006

20/20

After several years of waiting, I finally did it. Last Friday, I went and let them (or I should probably say paid a ransom) to have my eyes blasted with lasers. It was a very odd experience but following the doctor's directions, went home and slept for about 5 hours. When I woke up, it was a whole new world. I could see the little scroll at the bottom of the TV. I could see the letters on the water tower north of town. I could see the neighbor's horses clearly. It was amazing. I can't help but to keep from laughing as I look around and see things without glasses that I would never be able to focus on before. I also keep laughing as I try to adjust my glasses that are no longer there, or take them off before going to bed even though I don't have them on. Old habits.

I want to thank my wife for putting up with me for a few nervous hours before and after the surgery. I want to thank my parents for helping me get to the point of doing it also. I want to thank everyone who said a little prayer for me.

Changes can be so amazing. I see friends who have a new relationship with God and with their Christian family and I see comfort in those changes, happiness in those changes.

I thank God for the changes in my life. I hope they all push me to know Him better.

No comments: