Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Pat On The Back

Do you enjoy getting compliments? I don't know many people who don't like getting a pat on the back occasionally. Last night, my wife was reading her list of blogs and after reading mine, said "good blog." It was a simple statement but one that made me feel good.

She's the same person who stays up with her daughter to help on a homework assignment that was remembered at the last minute while I suggest stringing the daughter up by her toes. She's the same person who cleans the house, washes the clothes, fixes one of the best peach cobblers you've ever sunk your teeth into, delivers kids from one place to another, comforts us when we hurt, helps us when we are down and says "good blog" when we do something good. That's just a snippet of what she does for us, and, it doesn't include all the little (and big) things she does for others while still caring for her family.

A year or so ago, she had surgery and was unable to get up and about for a few weeks. She worried that we would fall apart I think, yet we made it through that time without much trouble. We had plenty of people who fixed meals for us and helped get kids from one place to another. Yet we also had something more, we had an example of what we needed to do and how to do it and we had a desire to return a little to someone who has given us so much.

To my wife, thank you doesn't do justice to the thanks you deserve but it's where I'll start. I speak for the kids and myself when I say you hold us together and push us forward. Thank you for the servant-example and the love you give us.

No comments: