Monday, January 02, 2006

As I limp into my 41st year with hurting knees and an arthritic back (I hear melodrama can be good for a story), I wonder what the new year will bring. I know my kids will become a year older (which scares me to death), I know there will be ups and downs at work, I am planning on traveling to Brazil and I hope to grow stronger in the Lord. The older I get, the more I learn and the more at peace I become with faith. I used to have more doubts and more questions but today I believe God exists more than ever and certainly have a better understanding of His love and mercy on me.

I also know Satan is alive and working. At times, I feel like Satan is in my face all the time. I don't talk about Satan much because I rather ignore him or deny that he is real than face the truth that he wants in, he wants to take over my heart and my mind. Our study yesterday morning in 2 Corinthians reminded me that Satan is very real and very sneaky. He divides us when we should pull together, he makes us think of ourselves when we should think of others, he makes us feel hurt and pain when others around us know more hurt and pain but we ignore them while he tells us they are just selfish.

While I thought about Satan during worship, the song leader led The Joy of the Lord. The joy of the Lord will be my strength. He will uphold me all of my days. I am surrounded by mercy and grace. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I want to live in the joy of the Lord. I want to live in thanks and praise to Him. I know Satan will try to pull me down and he will win sometimes but I know that my focus must be in the joy of the Lord, in knowing Him and with Him I will defeat Satan.

I hope the joy of the Lord will be your strength.

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of the battle we are in. Complancency doesn't wear well on me. I love that song too - Twila Paris is one of my favorites!