Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Friday afternoon and I feel myself mentally shutting down. It's not something I want to happen because I still have stacks of things to do (if you've ever visited my office, you understand). Yet, maybe because of some of the issues I've had to deal with today, I am mentally drained at 3:00 in the afternoon. Do you have those days?

I'm looking forward to some rain this weekend. We need it so badly but I still laugh when people are happier than normal because it is raining. Last Sunday, it rained for the first time in a long time and many people looked like it was Christmas again.

My friend's dad is doing better today. Hopefully, they will see some continued improvement but it is still a waiting game for them right now. Another good friend (Monte) called today to tell me he and his wife are expecting a baby in August. He's 41 so we had a few laughs about how old he would be when the baby goes to school/graduates, etc.

The question of the day...when you need an answer to a problem, do you typically get your answer through working out a formula or through trial-and-error? For instance, one of my children had a math problem last night and one parent figured it out through taking numbers, making assumptions, making changes and finding the right answer. The other parent worked through a mathematical equation to also find the right answer. Which one are you? I'm looking forward to all the responses.

3 comments:

Bev Ross said...

I'm probably a little bit of both but I always start with trial and error to save time and then I always figure out I can't so I resort to really doing math. Make sense?

Rick Ross said...

I usually go to the internet and ener a search for the answer.

Actually, I'm a formula guy all the way.

Rick Ross said...

"ener" is not a new word I just created. That should be "enter."