Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A few days ago, Pat Robertson was saying how God was punishing Ariel Sharon through health problems. Last night watching the news, they showed a clip from the trial of Dewayne Goodrich, a former Dallas Cowboy who ran over some people while driving drunk. He killed two and severly injured a third who is now permanently disabled. Last night during the clip, the man forgave Goodrich and in a follow up interview said he did it because he wanted to reflect God to Goodrich. Robertson professes to be a Christian while this man (I cannot remember his name) said he is Jewish. Who better reflects the price that was paid for my sins and my hope - the famous TV Christian or the simple man who now has to walk with a cane?

I'm thankful for this man, for his gesture and only wish it would get the international exposure that Pat Robertson got. More so, I'm thankful for a Lord who teaches us to forgive and to live in love instead of bitterness, anger and hatred. I'm thankful for a God who would allow His son to die so that I might live. I wish Pat Robertson would say it but I can only control what I do and with God's help, I will do my best to reflect His glory by being forgiving, by being loving and by being compassionate.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I didn't see the TV clip, but Beverly told me about it. I totally agree with your observations. It's an indictmetn against us when a Jewish man or a Hindu (Gandhi) represent Christlikeness more than many Christians.