Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Smart

If you get a chance to see Flower Mound Marcus play basketball this year, jump on it.  Marcus Smart may be an NBA player one day.  

I'm borrowing another gem from Rick Atchley.
"Athletes deny themselves things that are not wrong but are not smart. So do disciples!"

Denying myself is hard.  There are things I enjoy, things that make me feel good, things that brighten my spirits, things...and I want them and, at times, get them when I can.  However, denying myself at times would make me a better person and certainly smarter for the endeavor.  

I want to be a disciple. I want to follow Christ and his example and the desires of God's heart for my life.

Grace and peace.

1 comment:

S P Hughes said...

Keep up the blogs. You are touching more people than you are aware of I'm sure. If you know when Flower Mound is playing their playoff game let me know. I'd like to catch a good game with a good friend.