Thursday, February 16, 2012

Glory to God

I'm not going to steal Rick Atchley's Twitter posts forever but here's another good one.  "I know I need to be Jesus to everyone, but first, I think I nee to see Jesus in everyone."

Last night I had the opportunity to speak to a group of men in Stephenville, Texas about my journey, about the darkest hours, the lowest of lows, about the brightest hopes and my walk to truly know God.  It was an incredible experience - not because I was asked to speak but because telling my story reminds me of where I've been, what I've seen and where I don't want to go again and because it gives God the opportunity to speak into people through me.  I know my story is meaningless without the work of God in my life and that's one thing I want people to know.  

Any talk about my life has a revolving theme.  One, that our battle is not against flesh and blood but against dark, evil, powerful forces that I cannot see.  Two, that I am a child of God made in His image.  I want to remember to see myself that way and see others that way - as children of my LORD.  

I'm thankful to my good friend Randy Daugherty for inviting me to speak and even more thankful to God for giving me the strength, courage and knowledge that He was working in me and through me.  

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: