Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Even More Fruitcakes!

Yes, I'm back in Las Vegas and you see the craziest things.  Tonight it was a lady who was in trouble with MGM hotel security and it got a little wild with lots of hitting, cussing, screaming and handcuffs.  Then there are the drunks who are coming in when I'm headed out for a meeting at 6:45 in the morning.  Ouch.  Then there's all the money fed into slot machines, spent on blackjack, craps, roulette and a number of other games of chance and the alcohol...oh, how the alcohol flows.  It's a wild and bizarre place.

Las Vegas may or may not have anything to do with what's on my mind.  Forgiveness.  

My classes are getting better and better and I've read some things that really resonate with me in the past week.  I'll have more on those to post in the next few days but suffice it to say that I'm thinking about forgiveness all over again.  How, when, why?  Forgive others and forgive myself?  What does pure forgiveness look like?  All good questions and all with good answers.  

To make it easy for myself, I fall back to a question.  How do I want God to forgive me and what does that look like?  

Grace and peace.

No comments: