Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year, Same Old Cowboys

I'm fundamentally against the New York Giants winning a game but I get a strange satisfaction from seeing the Cowboys lose.  I don't know how many stories about Tony Romo's hand it takes for anyone else to get sick of the Cowboys but it took no more than 2 for me.  

Go Saints!

Moving on...

I can't help but wonder what the new year has in store for me.  I seem to be a person gifted with seeing the suffering in life much more clearly than what most people consider "the good stuff" and while I sometimes wish it wasn't the case, I think seeing suffering so easily allows me to be compassionate to people who are hurting.  I can't help but think, based on the past few weeks, that 2012 won't be more of the same.  

Or maybe not.

Either way, my only resolution is to get back on track to knowing God better, to love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and to love my neighbor, yes even the neighbors who make life hard, too.  If I can manage this resolution, even if only better tomorrow than today, 2012 will be a good year.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: