Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Motions

Matthew West sings a song, The Motions that helped me during tough times of life (as documented in older posts here and here).  It's a song I've gone back to lately as it helps spur me out of my doldrums.  Enjoy it and then read on...


I've started a new book, not a fan by Kyle Idelman.  I'm just a few chapters in and I already know it is one I will be recommending, if not buying, for my friends.  It's challenging and it is calling me back to my desire to go through life as a follower of Jesus, not just a fan.  I want to be a true disciple regardless of the costs - the lost relationships, the questions and criticisms of people who don't understand (or don't want to understand), the denial of things I would enjoy but that will use my time and resources that could be better used for the kingdom.  

Lord make me a servant, Lord make me like you.  It's easy to sing, harder to live.  I pray I will be strong enough to live the hard life, the best life.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: