Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Just Said The Weirdest Prayer

I just prayed for a bunch of people I don't know who post on ESPN's website.  How weird is that?

A good friend sent me an email the other day about a letter Shannon Stone's mother had written to Josh Hamilton encouraging him to continue tossing foul balls to fans in the stands.  (Story)  I saw it again on ESPN today and re-read and then started reading some of the responses and just started getting mad.  People writing rude things about how the mother's name is spelled, about the son, about faith, etc.  I realized I was having the response that evil would want me to have so I stopped and prayed for all the posters who wrote something rude, prayed that somehow their hearts would be touched by grace and mercy and love. 

It's weird praying for strangers who are mean but I already feel better having chosen prayer over anger.  I might try it again one day.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: