Monday, January 30, 2012

The Harding Experience

I spent the past weekend at Harding University and had a fabulous experience.  I love being around young people and this was a few days filled with young people - seeing their lives and hearing the dreams and passions.  On Thursday, I sat in on interviews for a summer youth intern at our church and was uplifted by hearing these kids desire to serve God and work with other young people.  What blew me away was their willingness to share some of their own struggles and how they were working through them.  It was encouraging to experience their transparency and their mission for living more righteous and holy lives.  Friday and Saturday were spent in discussions on plans for teachers (I'll be one) for UPLIFT 2012.  That consisted of several hours with youth ministers and youth ministry volunteers and, again, it was encouraging to hear their heart for reaching young people with the good news.  

I've got a child going to Harding next year and I'm so pleased that is the school of choice.  There is good and bad in every place but the students I met encourage me about what the future holds.  

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: