Thursday, January 05, 2012

A Valuable Resource

Time is so limited.  It's no secret.  It's nothing profound I just figured out. 

I love to write.  This blog has been an ongoing salve for me, something I used to express emotions, share pain, give attention to joy and keep some semblance of balance in my head.  However, so many things have come into my life that have begin using the resource of time that I have and my writing has suffered...and to some degree my connection I have with God when I write. 

I don't do resolutions but I need to find a way to balance my time better, to include the things in my life that are important for me to stay focused on God and more balanced between peace and chaos (chaos being what I call the normal times of life because it's fun for me to say and will drive some people crazy that I say it which is really my real purpose in life...) and to make the changes I need to make to treat time as the valuable resource that it is. 

Knowing that my biggest challenge to overcome is myself, it will be a battle at times but one I need to learn to fight.  Maybe I will learn some new conflict resolutions skills that will resolve the my own inner-conflict - now that would be valuable and worth every penny (at $787/hour) I'm paying to educate myself.  (Note to young children reading this blog - it is much cheaper to prove you are smart enough to do well in college while your parents are helping pay for it than it is when you have to pay for it on your own.  Just sayin'.)

God, give me vision and wisdom as I walk this road so that I will more clearly see you and choose the path that allows me to maximize all that you provide me.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: