Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rehab

I've been blessed with a group of guys who are very close to me, who have journeyed with me through my darkest days and have celebrated new life with me.  Oddly, all of us seem to be in a lull of late, a season where we all feel like we are going through the motions of life.  I'm not sure what it means but I've wondered why so many of us are in the same place right now.

Lecrae sings a song about going to rehab, talking to God about how he just got better, got clean and started living the way he should when he slipped back into old habits and bad choices and needs to come to rehab again.  The song really speaks to me right now.

I'm back in Proverbs to break the doldrums.  Where better to go than to wisdom?  I love reading these scriptures and thinking about how they apply to me but also am struck how people tend to apply them to our physical life more than our spiritual life.  Oh, there is plenty of wisdom for daily life but as I read it I believe that wisdom has more to do with my heart than earthly tangibles.  

This is a season (brief, I hope) where I need to guard my heart.  I am praying that God will make his presence overwhelm me during this time.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: