Monday, January 16, 2012

Peace and More Peace

When the way you live pleases the Lord, 
      he makes even your enemies live at peace with you.
Proverbs 16:7 (NIRV)

I just spent a week at Abilene Christian University learning to be a peacemaker.  It is something I desire, something I hope to become and be in every part of my life.  Learning to live through my own pain, I have come to find so many people are hurting and think they are not worthy of love.  I am coming to know that God runs to all of his lost children, arms wide open, ready to embrace them for who they are - his children.  

I want to live a life that pleases the Lord.  Oh, how I struggle at doing it regularly.  I want to walk close to him but my mind wanders and my heart is pulled along with it too often.  Still, I desire to walk closer to God and in a way that pleases him so that even my enemies will live at peace with me, a child of his only wanting to be a peacemaker.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: