Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Cowboys Sweatshop

ESPN came out with a news story and Channel 8's Dale Hansen jumped on the bandwagon about the Dallas Cowboys' using a soft goods manufacturing facility in Cambodia that runs a sweatshop.  What a load of manure these news outlets and reporters are trying to dump on their viewers.  

Do not misunderstand what I'm saying.  I do not dispute the fact that all people should be able to work in good conditions and make a fair wage.  I do not dispute that and hope everywhere there are less than suitable working conditions, changes will be made.

Here's a suggestion of where to start.  Dale, you and ESPN need to quit reporting anything about the Cowboys until they make changes in who they use for manufacturing their product.  Can you imagine how interest in the Cowboys and their merchandise would drop if the biggest news channel in the Cowboys' market and the biggest news channel in all the sporting world just quit talking about the Cowboys?  

I'm sure the argument is that they are just reporting the truth.  Well, do more!  You asked the Cowboys' representative what he was going to do.  Tell me what you are going to do Dale.  Channel 8.  ESPN.  Why not lead instead of throwing up your "reporter" excuse.  Why don't you show us what courage is?

I'm already doing my part.  I don't own nor do I plan to own any Dallas Cowboys' merchandise.  Hopefully, none of my other clothes are made in sweatshops but I honestly don't know.  In the meantime, I support those who are trying to make changes and I would chastise those who just talk about it and don't do anything to make a difference.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: