Monday, July 25, 2011

Running on Empty

It's been tough to blog lately...as you've probably noticed. 


Same sex marriages in New York.  A murder spree in Norway.  Oh yes, now I remember why I have quit reading the paper and watching the news.  Burying my head in the sand, you say?  In all honesty, I think I have been more focused on my Father's business since I went without "news" for awhile.  Sadly enough, I can find enough problems in my own yard without hearing from around the world.  I'm not advocating for all people to quit listening to the news, I just feel like it has been a good thing for me for a season.


I'm taking an Organizational Behavior class for a Master's program right now.  One assignment was a Life Stress Inventory Test.  A score of 0-100 indicates you have low stress, 100-200 indicates reasonable stress that a person should be aware of and taking steps to reduce, 200-300 indicates high stress that can result in a 50% chance of a major health issue within 2 years, 300 and up indicates extremely high stress that can result in a 80% chance of a major health issue within 2 years.  I scored a 485 the first time so I took it again and got a 520.  Maybe that's why I feel exhausted all the time.  Silly tests.


I also took the Myers-Brigg Personality Inventory and found out I'm a INFJ.  I still don't know all that means but my personality is the same as Martin Luther King, Jr., Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela - not bad company.  It's also the same as Billy Crystal and Mel Gibson (that may explain some of my outbursts at times).  Fascinating stuff. 


I got into another faith and works conversation the other day.  I'm still confused why anyone would try to separate the two.  I do stuff for my kids because of love.  God gave his son for me because of love.  Love is unseen (faith) until manifested in something I do for someone but what I do isn't done for proof, it's done out of love.  So is my work for God, not something I do for proof but something I do because of love.  It seems so simple to me. 


Then again, I may be a little simple-minded.  That's why I'm looking forward to being at the Rangers game tonight. 


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr, Jeff Jones. That's quite a foursome!

I am honored to journey with you.

amyg said...

I echo your confusion on the "faith and works conversation" It usually involves circular logic that is not helpful in any way. It is like having a conversation about," Am I alive because my heart is beating? OR Is my heart beating because I am alive?" Who cares? The two go together and cannot be seperated...end of conversation. :o)