Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Blogging Blah's

First, I want to again thank my readers who helped support Camp Coldwater.  They reached their goal and will get the GPS coordinates in 12-18 months on where the well sits.  I'll try to remember to post that when it comes in.  If you weren't able to support Camp Coldwater, I hope you will consider supporting Charity:Water at some time in the future.  It's a good cause doing good things for the people Jesus told us to reach. 


I've got the blogging blah's.  I'm not feeling very cohesive in my thoughts of late, busy with travel, with school, with some cool stuff that God has led me to in a nearby city, with managing kid time and personal time, guest blogging for a friend's site and something else...oh yeah, work. 


Last week I was in Searcy, Arkansas at Harding University as a sponsor for our youth group and a teacher and it was an incredible and uplifting experience.  They brought in some great speakers each night and kept the kids busy and active in both learning and burning energy.  I taught 3 classes on Tuesday and 3 classes on Wednesday and had a blast doing it.  I love talking to young people who are getting ready to embark on so many new adventures of life.  It's an honor and a challenge to try and share some life lessons in a way that meets them where they are.  I know I am ineffective on my own and pray always that God speaks through me so they will hear his message for their lives and not mine. 


I leave for Colorado on Thursday and will reach my destination on Friday where the high temperature is predicted to be 77.  Sweet!  I can't wait to be there, relaxing, fishing and spending some time with my son.  It's a little bittersweet in that my daughter is still in Arkansas attending a two-week college program and won't be with us but I know it's a great opportunity for her and I'm glad she's able to do that too.  I still miss her though.


Here's the lesson that has stuck with me from last week through my own preparation.  I cannot let God down because I never held him up.  He holds me up in his victorious hand.  It's a lesson I'm still learning, slowly but surely.  I love God.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I like that lesson! Have a great vacation, my friend.