Friday, July 08, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

I love the Rocky Mountains.  I always feel closer to God when I'm in the mountains and it's not just the altitude but the beauty of his creation that comes to life for me.  There's nothing I like more than standing in a river and taking in the creation around me.  The week I spend here is my sabbath rest, certainly not how God may have intended it but it is the one time each year where I shut down and let the cares of the world float away. 


I am looking forward to a week of rest and a week of getting closer to God.  Open my heart, Lord.


Grace and peace to you.

EDIT: I had written the above post before leaving.  While traveling on Thursday and listening to the Rangers game, I was aware of the fan falling over the railing when it happened.  I was saddened to learn later the man had passed away.  He was attending the game with his young son according to reports.  I cannot imagine the effect this might have on Josh Hamilton who had tossed the ball to the man that he reached out for and fell.  I read a report where Oakland pitcher Brad Ziegler was in tears after the game after watching the incident from the visitors bullpen.

I cherish the moments I have with my children and this incident is a reminder that those can be gone in the blink of an eye.  I will enjoy this week with my son and cannot wait until I can hug my beautiful daughter next Saturday. 

No comments: