Thursday, July 21, 2011

Perseverance

How long does perseverance last? 


On vacation, I reread James.  It's become a favorite book because it addresses some areas that are key to living the life I want to live to know God better - persevering, controlling anger, confession and prayer. 


I love what James 1 has to say about persevering through trials but I wish it explained how long perseverance lasts.  I'd like to know I'm getting to the end of trials and closer to the crown. 


I know it's wishful thinking.  I know trials will never end and some are on a loop it seems.  I know my timing and God's timing vary slightly and I know His timing is the one I want to be aligned with (I've seen what doing things my way looks like - YIKES).  I'll keep praying for strength and courage and wisdom to persevere and to take joy in knowing and seeing how my trust in God to get me through the rough times always looks and feels much better than what I would do on my own accord.  And, I want to revel in the hope that comes from persevering in faith. 

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: