Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back In The Saddle

I had to hit the ground running yesterday after 7 days out of the office enjoying the beautiful scenery and cool temperatures of Colorado.  It was a good vacation but one that ended way to soon.  My son and I both thought we had some days stolen out of our week.  I caught some good fish, took the Jeep high into the mountains and felt some really cool temperatures and had great conversations with regulars at Fun Valley and with some Decaturites who showed up out of the blue.


One of the things I read on vacation was John Grisham's recent book, The Confession.  If you are a fan of the death penalty, I encourage you to read this one.  Just to be fair, I'm an ardent opponent to the death penalty, believe anyone who uses the Bible to defend murdering anyone is in direct contradiction to God and think anyone who calls themselves a follower of Christ and death penalty advocate should be required to give the injection that brings death.  I hope I was clear on my belief.  Anyway, this book tells a great story of why and how one mistake is one too many and is written with Grisham's regular, captivating flair.


More thoughts on reading in the coming days...


Grace and peace to you.

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I enjoyed The Confession, too. Grisham always rocks.

I used to be one of those Christians you described, but have changed my views. I think from Scripture, one could argue capital punishment either way. We can often make Scripture fit whatever we desire. I just don't see what capital punishment accomplishes. And it seems barbaric to me.

I wish you would make your position a little clearer.

Jeff said...

I'll work on being more clear in the future.

Raising 7 -- 4Him said...

I will have to read that. Your post has intrigued me!