Friday, May 13, 2011

Voting For The Lesser Evil

Voting for the lesser evil is the way I view the democratic process in our country these day.  Maybe I'm cynical, maybe I don't pay close enough attention, maybe I'm right.

I heard Obama was in Austin attending two fundraisers-one for 750 people at $1,000 each and one at a private home costing $35,000 per person (and Obama is no different than the Republican candidate).  Now, I wonder how much publicity the candidates would get if they encouraged people to take all the campaign money and give it to charities that help the poor, the hungry, the homeless and got out to help promote those organizations.  Would they get enough press to let me make a decision on who to vote for based on how much they tried to help those who needed the most help?

I don't know the answer but I know the current solution gives me a great disdain for poli-ticks.

I'm at the final day of Catalyst Dallas today (www.catalystdallas.com) and I hope I'm having as much fun as I did last year.  Catalyst is a Christian leadership conference and something I've been looking forward to since I left the previous Catalyst conference I attended outside of Atlanta.  

God loves you.  Wherever you are.  Whatever you are doing.  God love you.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: