Wednesday, May 25, 2011

That There Is Rotation

I went to the Rangers game last night with my son to meet my dad and mom and to celebrate his 79th birthday.  It was all good until the 4th inning when the clouds above us started to swirl which was fun to watch while ominous all at the same time.  Now, I'm a storm watcher so I thought it was pretty cool but people around us were getting a little antsy.  Once they covered the field and some rain drops fell, my parents decided the best course of action was to head back to East Texas while I thought the best course of action was to watch the tarp blow on the field since the storms were coming from the west and I didn't want to drive into them.  Well, the rain really started to fall which drove us to the concourse and then someone decided it was best to send us all down to the tunnel.  Maybe it was the sirens going off and all the texts we were getting saying tornadoes were headed for us.  So, my son, me and 25,000 of my good friends hung out outside the Rangers clubhouse doors, cheered for a few players who walked through, while sweating it out.  Finally, they sent us out so the game could restart only to find out there would be a second rain delay which was my exit cue. 


So, a good night with my dad, a good night watching storms, a good night hanging out below the ballpark and a good night being with my favorite son. 


It's now 1:00 in the morning and I need to go to sleep but also need to prepare 2 Bible lessons to be delivered later today.  This is one of those times where praying that God will give me the words to say takes on a whole new level of meaning! 


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Sounds exciting!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize I was watching you on TV last night.