Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ministry

Ministry is using our gifts & resources to serve others. There is real joy in serving something bigger than our own agenda. -Lecrae Moore

I had the opportunity to minister to some folks I don't normally come in contact with on Sunday and I thank God for brothers who challenge me to step outside myself and my agenda.  

Our church set a goal of $100,000 for a special contribution going to our missions work on October 9.  It's a crazy amount of money and I don't know if we can reach it or not.  I do know God wants to use us to do unbelievable things.  Maybe $100k is a part of his plan, maybe not.  Either way, whatever we raise will be for his glory, not ours.  If we raise $25,000, it's for him.  If we raise $101,000, it's for him.  I hope no one will feel let down if we don't hit the number or feel pumped about ourselves if we do reach the goal.  It's a man-made number and maybe God has different plans for us.  Maybe his plans are going to be something bigger than we will ever dream of on our own.  Who knows?  I do know we will never know if we don't put our trust in him and allow him to use us as he knows best.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I LOVE dreamers for God!