Monday, May 23, 2011

Chrisitan Relief Fund

I got an email the other day from a Sub-T friend about Christian Relief Fund and their effort to win some money that Chase Bank is donating to charity.  Go to Chrisitan Relief Fund and check them out and like them on Facebook to help them help others.


There are so many need charities around the world.  Thursday, I was telling my son a story I had heard about a guy I know buying a used motor home off someone in Utah.  The motor home was parked in one of two matching hangars owned by an inventor.  In one hangar was the motor home and a private jet with capacity for 14 people.  In the other hangar was another 14 passenger private jet and 36 Lamborghini vehicles.  I told him the story of the inventor flying his son and 10 friends to Las Vegas last Saturday for lunch and to ride the roller coaster at New York New York before returning home in time for prom.  I'm sure it's a fabulous life and nothing I can comprehend.  I don't know anything about the man and what he does with his time and money but we figured out how many water wells those 36 cars could drill through Charity: Water and it was an incredible number.  In fact, selling those cars would double the amount of money that Charity: Water has raised. 


Hopefully, you feel like you need to go donate money now.  Here's the ticket:  Go to the Camp Coldwater Charity: Water site and donate some moolah.  Our youth group is trying to raise $5,000 to drill a well to help people have clean water.  It's a great cause.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: